Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DavidPi
Helper II
Helper II

I do not see existing table in dataflow gen2 destination warehouse

I created table in Warehouse.

Then I created dataflow gen2 and tryed to set destination to this existing table. 

But I do not see any tables under my warehouse.

Where do I make the miskate?

DavidPi_0-1695795629329.png

DavidPi_2-1695795669051.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @DavidPi ,
Thanks for creating a Support Ticket. 
It would be a great help if you can provide the details of the Support Ticket so we can track it for further information. 
Thank you

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
romankorchak
Frequent Visitor

Having the same issue - I created a dataflow gen 2 with Datalake destination (creating new table), which worked fine.
Then I wanted to have data added to the table on each refresh so I went to change destionation to "Existing Table", but itsnot finding the table that was created on initial refresh (which was done with "New table" option).
If this issue was resolved - may I know how
Thanks

Unfortunately, not yet. Advice is to set rule describes here - On-premises data gateway considerations for data destinations in Dataflow Gen2 - Microsoft Fabric | ...

I dont believe this will help. We are waiting for our security department decision (they dont want to allow general url address).

mllopis
Community Admin
Community Admin

Oh, my bad - I think I got this the other way around and you started by creating the table in DW directly, not via the Dataflows Output Destination UI.

Sometimes there can be a lag between creation of tables in the DW Editor experience and the table being visible in other clients - Did the issue persist after a few minutes and refreshing/re-entering the Output Destinations UI in Dataflows? Were you able to query this table using other SQL clients?

Thanks,
M.

Unfortunately, the situation is the same today. I see table in DatawarehouseTest1, I can select from this empty table. But I don't see it in Dataflow under Warehouse destination.

Warehouse and Dataflow are in the same workspace. I am admin of this workspace.

DavidPi_0-1696226521452.png

Please go ahead and create a support ticket so an engineer can take a closer look at this case.

https://support.fabric.microsoft.com/support

I have created a support ticket. I will know the result. Thank you.

Hi @DavidPi ,
Thanks for creating a Support Ticket. 
It would be a great help if you can provide the details of the Support Ticket so we can track it for further information. 
Thank you

TrackingID#2310030050000199

mllopis
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi DavidPi,

Creation of a new table in an output destination will happen only as part of dataflow refresh/execution - To confirm, after configuring your output destination, were you able to Publish your dataflow (and have it complete a successful Refresh operation - note that the initial refresh of a dataflow will be kicked off automatically upon succesfully publishing it)?

You can check in the Refresh History (via "..." menu for your dataflow in the workspace view) to understand whether the refresh happened and its success/failure status.

Hope that helps

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.