Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

cw88
Helper III
Helper III

Warehouse: Refresh default dataset

Hi, 

how can i refresh the default dataset? Last refresh is shown in workspace, but no possibility to update:

cw88_0-1690534903268.png

In the dataset i can also only view the history:

cw88_1-1690535100521.png

When i connect from excel, no tables are displayed. 

cw88_5-1690535795919.png

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ppotasinski
Microsoft Employee
Microsoft Employee

There's no Refresh option because default dataset does not work in Import mode so there's no data to refresh (I think the "Refreshed" attrubite of this dataset always show the creation date).

To update the list of tables in a default dataset open your warehouse, navigate to the Reporting tab at the top, click "Manage default Power BI dataset", check your tables and confirm, and then click "Automatically update dataset".

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ppotasinski
Microsoft Employee
Microsoft Employee

There's no Refresh option because default dataset does not work in Import mode so there's no data to refresh (I think the "Refreshed" attrubite of this dataset always show the creation date).

To update the list of tables in a default dataset open your warehouse, navigate to the Reporting tab at the top, click "Manage default Power BI dataset", check your tables and confirm, and then click "Automatically update dataset".

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.