Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

emartinezh
Helper I
Helper I

Postgresql server extraction not working due to firewall.

Hello good morning and thanks for your effort helping people :).

As i said in my first and last post, in my company we're migrating all our infraestructure deployed in Azure to Azure Fabric.

Right now we've got configured a firewall in our DWH sql servers where the datafactory write/read all the tables, to save this firewall limitation, we got introduced the Datafactory ip ranges for the region the datafactory are deployed and it's working as usual.

With this last escenario, we wanted to connect to an origin PostgreSQL from dataflow but this postgresql has a firewall too deployed on the client side, we asked for add this range of ips (13.69.233.136/29, 13.74.105.192/29, 52.138.229.72/29, 52.146.133.128/27) that we obtained from https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/synapse-analytics/security/gateway-ip-addresses  (North Europe Region) but the connection is not working.

Do you have any information about the limitation of connection  postgresql server that i could not find?

Or do i have to add another range of ips that Fabric uses?

Thank you very much in advance,

Best Regards.

Eduardo.

10 REPLIES 10
emartinezh
Helper I
Helper I

The ranges that I asked for add of North Europe region are the following.

"13.69.227.232/29",
"13.74.80.74/32",
"13.74.111.144/30",
"40.113.23.157/32",
"40.113.88.37/32",
"40.115.113.228/32",
"52.138.143.55/32",
"52.138.229.68/30",
"137.116.252.9/32",
"2603:1020:5:402::98/125",
"2603:1020:5:802::98/125",
"2603:1020:5:c02::98/125"

Added this to the post for if in the future the problem is solved the next person has a good solution.

Thank you so much 🙂

Hi @emartinezh 
Thanks for providing the detailed information. Our internal team has suggested that the best course of action is to open a support ticket and have our support team take a closer look at it.

Please reach out to our support team so they can do a more thorough investigation on why this it is happening: Link 

After creating a Support ticket please provide the ticket number as it would help us to track for more information. 

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other queries.

We've opened a support ticket and the number is: "2404240050000739"

Thank you so much.

Best regards.

Eduardo

v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @emartinezh 
Thanks for using Fabric Community and for your kind words 🙂 🙂
As you mentioned above, The DWH SQL server here is PostgreSQL? In Azure? On VMs or PaaS? Can you please provide me these details. 

Hello Nikhilan and thank you for your reply :).

Right now in our "old environment" (datafactory) we're using the PostgreSQL (Legacy) connector with the same credentials and it's working well.

Do you think that we will have to add another range of ips to this postgresql firewall?

I will ask the client the version of this postgresql so i can give you more information.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards.

Eduardo.

Hello.

I'm still waiting for the client to tell me the postgresql version they're using right now.

I will update this post once i got the answer.

Thank you so much :).

Hi @emartinezh 
Thanks for the details.

Hi @emartinezh 
You can refer to Azure IP ranges Service Tags :
Download Azure IP Ranges and Service Tags – Public Cloud from Official Microsoft Download Center

You can also refer to this link for more help:
Service tags - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further help.

Hello @v-nikhilan-msft 

We have added all the service tags ip of Microsoft Fabric Service North Europe to the postgresql service and we still cant connect to this server.

The error we're experiencing now is the following:

Failed to connect to xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5432 Check network connectivity setting of your Azure Postgre SQL flexible server, if Private Access(VNet integration) is selected, please use SHIR to connect. Failed to connect to xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxx Timeout during connection attempt.

And in datafactory we've deployed the same connection and it's working well.

Thank you in advance.

BEst regards.

Hello @v-nikhilan-msft and thank you for your reply.

I have searched in the Azure IP Ranges And Service Tags - Public Cloud.json downloaded from the link u sent me and i found some ranges of ips attaching to the fabric service in the north europe region.

We will ask the client for open this range of ips and delete the other range that i told them to add before.

I will tell you how it evolves.

Thank you so much.

Best Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.