06-14-2020 03:19 AM - last edited 09-23-2020 08:50 AM
Every year, roughly 3000 selfless United Nations Volunteers offer their time and expertise to make the world a better place.
On behalf of United Nations, this simple interactive dashboard was created to serve as an easily accessible platform to provide key insights regarding the geographic mobilization and demographics of the volunteers. Built with intuitive filters, users can look into specific groups of volunteers to better understand the operations the volunteers are involved in during their work with UN.
Volunteer management, trend analysis, monitoring and tracking will be made easier without users having to directly deal with spreadsheets and data.
Content of each page is as follows:
Page 1: Overview: Snapshot of all essential numbers and information that are commonly asked for
Page 2: Demographic breakdown: Trends and key information of key demographic groups
Page 3: Organization breakdown: Specific look into UN subsidiaries to track areas of operations
Thanks for reading. I would love to have some feedback on the user experience of this dashboard, feel free to comment so we can all learn to improve as a data visualization community! Cheers ✌️
This graphic not only tells an amazing story about the team of volunteers it is also very easy to follow and encourages exploration. You want to learn more about what is happening in different locations as well as the types of skills or roles within those locations.
Great job! Your work and report are truely praiseworthy.
As per my exprience, I have some suggestions for you.
1. Try to use the PNG (transparent logo)
2. In all treemap chart label values are not showing completly. At first glance complete value should be displayed.
3.Page 3 - Organization filter, one value "WEF" showing after cliking on small right-left arrow ("<" or ">"). So try to shirnk the size of this slicer to display all possbile slicer values at once.
4. On page 3 - all cards are showing absolute numbers but only Total no. of Volunteers card showing value in decimal. So make the consistency.
5.On page 3 - Make the proper adjustment of Average Age card size. Because it's cutting the value of this card.
6. Page 2 - Regarding Age groupe slicer's last value "65 and ..." So, make it visible at first glance.
7.Page 2 - Assignment Duration by Age chart - Y axis title is not showing completely.
8. Better to use the consistency in all tree map charts across all pages. Meaning that, Page 1 treemap chart showing data values but rest page's chart are only showing category without data label.
For your convience, I am attaching PNG logo for you!
Atleast try it and see the more beauty of the report.
Hi @andrewyap ,
This dashboard is quite interesting an it looks amazing.
As I am no expert in dashboard visualisation, but couple of suggestions which I would use to improve the dashboard from user point of view: