Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PWTRyanWhite

Use API key Stored in Azure Data Vault in Pipeline

Hey All,

New to Fabric, not new to Data Factory. I was able to use Azure Data Vault key pairs in the lineage version of ADF, however, I cannot find an option to pull in an API key into a Web Activity.

Has anyone found out how to do it in this new Fabric Interface?

Thank!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So it looks like there is a potential release for this capability next year. That's great! Good to see the forward thinking with this new technology.

Thanks for your response!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PWTRyanWhite 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

Microsoft Fabric Pipelines currently have limitations that prevent directly using an API key stored in Azure Data Vault within the Web activity. Fabric pipelines have limitations compared to Data Factory pipelines. Currently, they don't support Azure Key Vault (AKV), which is where Data Vault stores secrets. This means the Web activity cannot directly access the secret containing the API key.

For more details please refer this Link.

I hope this helps. Please do let us know if you have further questions.

So it looks like there is a potential release for this capability next year. That's great! Good to see the forward thinking with this new technology.

Thanks for your response!

Hi @PWTRyanWhite 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet.
In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.

Thanks

Hello, 

I have the same issue. I understand that key vault is not an option. What is a recommended way of doing this securely? What is the risk of actually exposing the key inside Data factory in Fabric, if the only ones currently accessing the workspace are ok to be able to retrieve the key? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

March 2024 FBC Gallery Image

Fabric Monthly Update - March 2024

Check out the March 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors