Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

MonztaInc
Frequent Visitor

Update Data Pipeline using Copy Assistant Wizard

Hi there

I've created my Data Pipeline using the Copy Assistant Wizard. Once it's created, is there a way to edit the pipeline using the wizard again? 

Scenario: 

I built a new pipeline using Copy Assistant Wizard to ingest 10 tables.

Then, ran Pipeline to ingest data. 

Now I want to update pipeline to add more tables using the Copy Assistant Wizard. But I cannot see where/how to do this. 

Is this possible yet? 

If not, how does one go about adding more tables to the same copy activity? or do I need new copy activities every time I want to add tables? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @MonztaInc 
Thanks for the information.
You can refer to this video for copying bulk tables : Link1
Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MonztaInc
Frequent Visitor

hi @v-nikhilan-msft 

Thanks for the response. 

As part of the Copy Assistant Wizard, I can select multiple tables. 

MonztaInc_0-1700639320724.png

This then wraps the Copy Activity in a ForEach

MonztaInc_2-1700639460516.png

Any reason that the Copy Wizard shouldn't be used to update the Copy Activity? (besides the fact the functionality doesn't exist)

If I've got 100's of tables, I don't want to have a 100's of copy activities. 

Also don't want to have to re-create the Copy activity each time as this has it's own drawbacks. 

Hi @MonztaInc 
Thanks for the information.
You can refer to this video for copying bulk tables : Link1
Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks @v-nikhilan-msft 

Thanks for the link! It's a work around, but will give it a try and see if it fits into the workflow. 

Would much prefer the copy wizard to be able to update the copy activities. 

Much appreciated.

Hi @MonztaInc 
Thanks for your feedback.
Appreciate if you could share the feedback on our feedback channel which would be open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows our product teams to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and gives insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further queries.

v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MonztaInc 
Thanks for using Fabric Community. 
As I understand you are using Copy Assistant Wizard to ingest 10 tables. How are you doing this?
Can you please attach the screenshots of the pipeline? This would help me in understanding the issue better. 

However, the Copy Assistant Wizard does not allow you to add more tables to the same copy activity. You can only edit the existing settings of the copy activity, such as the source, destination, mapping, and performance. 
You should create a new copy activity for each table that you want to add to your pipeline.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.