Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Riskworks115
Frequent Visitor

Fabric: Add new dataset to access lakehouse view

Simple task, Trial Subscription. I need to get 3 columns from a lakehouse table to use as parameters to pass to an external API. I plan to use a LookUp activity and a ForEach activity to loop thru the values in the view to paas as parameters.

Chat GPT suggests this:

Create a Dataset for the View:

In your Synapse Analytics workspace, create a new dataset that points to the view in your lakehouse. Select the appropriate data store (e.g., Azure Synapse Analytics) and specify the database and view name in the dataset settings.

I can't get to the Synapse Studio via Fabric Portal as suggested. Copilot says to go to the Account manager, but I end up at the same Fabric home page.

1) Do I need to create a DS for this task in Synapse rather than Fabric?

2) How can I access Fabric Portal with this Trial subscription?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ayybee
Regular Visitor

To access the values from the three columns in the table, create a lookup activity and save it as a Variable. 
Then, you can use a ForEach activity to pass the variable as a parameter.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Riskworks115
Frequent Visitor

I think I am confusing how the connection works. I tried it again and successfully copied only the desired columns from a csv to a delta lake table.   Thanks for the help.

v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Riskworks115 ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community.
As @Ayybee  said, you can use LoopUp activity to get the data and use Web Activity to make an API call.
You can also use Copy Activity (Source - Lakehouse, Destination - Web API), you can use mapping to send only required columns.

Hope this is helpful. Please let me know incase of further queries.

Hi @Riskworks115 ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if your query was answered.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .

Ayybee
Regular Visitor

To access the values from the three columns in the table, create a lookup activity and save it as a Variable. 
Then, you can use a ForEach activity to pass the variable as a parameter.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors