Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

HankoSwart
Frequent Visitor

Copying files from OneDrive for Business to Lakehouse

Hi all,

Has anyone successfully copied files from a OneDrive for business folder to a Lakehouse before?

The copy activity doesn't seem to support this yet and the only other way I could find to do this is through PySpark with complicated authentication methods using an Azure app registration.

Using Dataflow Gen 2 only supports writing to tables and I would also like to avoid using Power Automate as I would prefer to keep all my orchestration jobs in a single place.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @HankoSwart 
Apologies for the issue you have been facing. Currently Fabric does not support One drive for business as a source to load the data into Lakehouse. But this feature is on roadmap.

vnikhilanmsft_0-1701338197284.png

You can refer to this link for more information: Link1

Hope this helps. Please do let me know if you have any further questions.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Book_Piramid
Frequent Visitor

Sadly even after Q1 ends, using One drive for business as a source to load files into Lakehouse is still not avaliable. It has been postponed to Q3

v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HankoSwart 
Thanks for using Fabric Community.
I understand that you want to copy files from a OneDrive for business folder to a Fabric Lakehouse. 
We can use a OneDrive for business folder as a source and ingest the data into a Dataflow Gen2. You can provide the destination as Lakehouse in the Dataflow Gen2.  Power Query offers a series of ways to gain access to files that are hosted on either SharePoint or OneDrive for Business.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Hi,

Thanks for the response and link, but this then means I need to load the files as tables, which as I pointed out, is not what I am looking for. I want to copy the files in OneDrive to the files section in the Lakehouse

Hi @HankoSwart 
Apologies for the issue you have been facing. Currently Fabric does not support One drive for business as a source to load the data into Lakehouse. But this feature is on roadmap.

vnikhilanmsft_0-1701338197284.png

Hope this helps. Please do let me know if you have any further questions.

Hi @HankoSwart 
Glad that your query got resolved. Please continue using Fabric Community for any help regarding your queries.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.