Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Arnab0111
Helper I
Helper I

Unable to download notebook

I have created a python notebook in workspace A where I am having workspace admin access , but whenever I am trying to export or download the notebook I am getting error. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
puneetvijwani
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@Arnab0111  connect with your capacity Admin ask him to enable it for content in your organisation by admin portal 

epunvij_0-1692529009209.png

How to add sensivity lable :-
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/enterprise/service-security-apply-data-sensitivity-labels

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
puneetvijwani
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@DennesTorres  In that case i suggest to either wait for fix to be applied hopefully soon or create a support ticket to check if Product team can provide another workaround  ,

In my case we implemented sensitivity lables and before when we use to d o synapse and those works for me as of now 

puneetvijwani
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@DennesTorres I have been communicated that the fix for this will roll out soon 

Unfortunately i dont know any other workaround ,
Its also good to have Information protection sensitivity lables enabled for the organization from purview , considered to be a good practice 

Hi,

Pureview is very expensive, not all organizations can afford it. Many of the ones I worked for couldn't. Besides the level of planning needed for a correct pureview implementation is considerable.

Kind Regards,

Dennes

puneetvijwani
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@Arnab0111  connect with your capacity Admin ask him to enable it for content in your organisation by admin portal 

epunvij_0-1692529009209.png

How to add sensivity lable :-
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/enterprise/service-security-apply-data-sensitivity-labels

Hi,

I believe this only works if you are on an environment using Pureview. If sensitivity labels are not published from Pureview, this option can't be enabled.

DennesTorres_0-1692541204961.png

Do you know any other workaround for the download problem? I just faced the problem myself. If there is no other workaround, we should register as an issue.

Kind Regards,

Dennes

puneetvijwani
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@Arnab0111 This seems an issue in certain regions , I have faced this before as well , check out this discussion below if you see the same error 

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Difficulty-Downloading-Notebook-Anyone-...

Workaround I have been told to add sensivity lable in your Fabric Item and then try and download it 
This worked for me 

This shall be fixed according to what i have been communicated 

Ps: If my response helped, kindly select it as the solution. Your kudos are greatly appreciated!

How to add sensitivity level for my notebook to get it downloaded

DennesTorres
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi,

What error? Could you add more details to the description?

Kind Regards,

Dennes

I am getting the below error whenever I am clicking the export option to download the current notebook in the same workspace and lakehouse

Export failed:

Failed exporting <notebook name> to python file.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Sept Fabric Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - September 2024

Check out the September 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

September Hackathon Carousel

Microsoft Fabric & AI Learning Hackathon

Learn from experts, get hands-on experience, and win awesome prizes.

Sept NL Carousel

Fabric Community Update - September 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.