Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

YCastano
Frequent Visitor

SparkSession don't stop

Hello!

I can't stop the session of a notebook, it's been in progress for days and no matter how many times I stop it, it stays thinking and doesn't finish. Subsequent executions run and close fine, but I don't know what to do with that session.

YCastano_0-1716198463287.png

YCastano_1-1716198658127.png

I appreciate any help.

Tks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @YCastano 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

If you have spark as a SparkSession object then call spark.stop() to stop the session. This ensures that resources are properly released and the Spark application terminates gracefully.

There might be a chance of an intermittent issue could you please follow the below steps that might help you.

Temporary Glitch: Clearing cookies and caches can sometimes resolve temporary glitches within the application that might be causing the issue.

Corrupted Data: In rare cases, corrupted data stored in the browser's cache related to Microsoft Fabric might be causing the issue. Clearing the cache removes this potentially problematic data.

Hard Refresh: A hard refresh bypasses the cached version of the webpage and forces the browser to download the latest version from the server. Press Ctrl+Shift+R (Windows) or Cmd+Shift+R (Mac).

Try Microsoft Edge: If you are currently using Chrome or Firefox, try switching to Microsoft Edge to see if the issue persists. Edge is the native browser for Microsoft products and might have better compatibility with Microsoft Fabric.

If the issue still persists, please do let us know. Glad to help.

I hope this information helps. 

Thank you.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @YCastano 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

If you have spark as a SparkSession object then call spark.stop() to stop the session. This ensures that resources are properly released and the Spark application terminates gracefully.

There might be a chance of an intermittent issue could you please follow the below steps that might help you.

Temporary Glitch: Clearing cookies and caches can sometimes resolve temporary glitches within the application that might be causing the issue.

Corrupted Data: In rare cases, corrupted data stored in the browser's cache related to Microsoft Fabric might be causing the issue. Clearing the cache removes this potentially problematic data.

Hard Refresh: A hard refresh bypasses the cached version of the webpage and forces the browser to download the latest version from the server. Press Ctrl+Shift+R (Windows) or Cmd+Shift+R (Mac).

Try Microsoft Edge: If you are currently using Chrome or Firefox, try switching to Microsoft Edge to see if the issue persists. Edge is the native browser for Microsoft products and might have better compatibility with Microsoft Fabric.

If the issue still persists, please do let us know. Glad to help.

I hope this information helps. 

Thank you.

Thank you. Yes, I have spark as a SparkSession and I had run spark.stop() but it was not working with that session in progress.  When I made the publication I had already cleared the cache and cookies and the process was still active. This PBI account is used by several people and I don't know if that has anything to do with it, the fact is that I deleted everything again and I don't know if my colleagues did it too, but the notebook in progress no longer appears.

Hi @YCastano 

Glad that you query got resolved.
Please continue using Fabric Community for further queries.

Thanks.

Hi @YCastano 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet.
In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.

Thanks.

Hi @YCastano 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others .
If you have any question relating to the current thread, please do let us know and we will try out best to help you.
In case if you have any other question on a different issue, we request you to open a new thread.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Sept Fabric Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - September 2024

Check out the September 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

September Hackathon Carousel

Microsoft Fabric & AI Learning Hackathon

Learn from experts, get hands-on experience, and win awesome prizes.

Sept NL Carousel

Fabric Community Update - September 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.