Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Kp-8500
Frequent Visitor

How to create Calculate table on synapse Data Enginering in fabric

Hi,

I bring my tables to Synapse Data Engineering, and on top of it, I create a semantic layer. In that, I need to create a calculated table for my time intelligence functions. How do I create a calendar auto table in that semantic layer? Currently, I see the option, but it is grayed out.

5 REPLIES 5
Kp-8500
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Anonymous 
Actually, I am not clear. My context is when we work with the desktop, we can create a date table. If we directly work with the data engneering in fabric semantic layer, we cannot create a date table. In that case, how do we handle the time intelligence functions in the model?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Kp-8500 ,

We have a response from internal team -

" You could use an approach like this Build a Reusable Calendar Table with Power Query - Excelerator BI. The advantage in Fabric with Direct Lake is that you can build this date table once then just short cut it into any model meaning you don't have to create duplicate date tables in every model "

Hope this is helpful. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Kp-8500 ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if your query was answered.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Kp-8500 ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if your query was answered.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Kp-8500 ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community.  Apologies for the delay in reply from our side.

You can create calculated tables in Direct Lake models provided they do not reference other tables in the model ( so CALENDAR() should work, but CALENDARAUTO may not).

Hope this is helpful. Do let me know incase of further queries.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Sept Fabric Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - September 2024

Check out the September 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

September Hackathon Carousel

Microsoft Fabric & AI Learning Hackathon

Learn from experts, get hands-on experience, and win awesome prizes.

Sept NL Carousel

Fabric Community Update - September 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.