Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

newbiepowerbi
Helper II
Helper II

summarize and allexcept

Hello, 

My question is how can i use allexcept function to refer to a table which i have calculated (i.e. summarize)?

Here is the calculated table:

Lookup table = SUMMARIZE(FILTER(Table1,Table1[ConditionType]="PREPAID"), Table2[ObjID],
Table2[Cities],
Table2[Countries],
"SUM",
SUM(Table1[Amount/Year])

)

My goal is to add another column after "SUM" to get the average per cities and per countries. I was thinking of using average function and allexcept. Is there a way for allexcept to refer to Lookup table? or it will refer to the table2? my idea is if i can do this:

Lookup table = SUMMARIZE(FILTER(Table1,Table1[ConditionType]="PREPAID"), Table2[ObjID],
Table2[Cities],
Table2[Countries],
"SUM",
SUM(Table1[Amount/Year]),

"AVE Cities",

CALCULATE(AVERAGE(Table1[Amount/Year]),ALLEXCEPT(Lookuptable, Lookuptable[Cities]))

)

But it appears i can't do this since it still inside the calculated formula of the table. I tried adding calculated column, but somehow it is not working. 

2 REPLIES 2
az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @newbiepowerbi 

try ADDCOLUMNS. like this

Lookup table = 
ADDCOLUMNS(
SUMMARIZE(FILTER(Table1,Table1[ConditionType]="PREPAID"), Table2[ObjID],
Table2[Cities],
Table2[Countries],
"SUM",
SUM(Table1[Amount/Year])),
"AVE Cities",
CALCULATE(AVERAGE(Table1[Amount/Year]),ALLEXCEPT(Lookuptable, Lookuptable[Cities]))
)

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn

It seems i still can not access the "lookup table" for the allexcept since it is within the lookup table formula even if i add addcolumns

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.