Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FilipVDR
Helper I
Helper I

concatenate filtered id's

Hi,

I made some sample data, what I want to do is filter on Region or Type and "Test" should only give me the selected id's.

Now Test = CONCATENATEX(VALUES('Table'[Id]),'Table'[Id],", ")

How to apply the filter context? 

FilipVDR_0-1685698022677.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks. Now I found the reason. Your measure is not created as a measure. It is a column. Choose "New measure" instead of "New column" and input exactly the same formula. When defined as a masure, its icon should look like my Test3 below.

Kazu_0-1685731337134.png

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
FilipVDR
Helper I
Helper I

You should be able to download my pbix here https://www.dropbox.com/s/iirnvmixaif5cte/PBI_concat.pbix?dl=0 

Thanks. Now I found the reason. Your measure is not created as a measure. It is a column. Choose "New measure" instead of "New column" and input exactly the same formula. When defined as a masure, its icon should look like my Test3 below.

Kazu_0-1685731337134.png

Thanks for helping me out!

Kazu
Helper II
Helper II

I am not an expert but once created a similar measure and filters worked just fine. How about below?

Test = CONCATENATEX(Table, Table[Id], ", ")

That is what I have now, but my string is always every ID. It needs to keep only the ID's which will be filtered. 

Isn't this what you want, or am I misunderstanding.

Kazu_0-1685715552663.png

Yes that's what i want/need.

Why is this not working for me? 

FilipVDR_0-1685715922773.png

Are the four parts (region filter, type filter, table of records, table of test) all from the same table? Is the measure defined in the same table? Are the two filters both connected to the two tables and active?

Region, Type, table is one table. 

Test was in an other table.

But if create test2 in the same table, i get the same result.

Filters are active as you can see

FilipVDR_0-1685716583458.png

Oh, that is weird... probably uploading your pbix file would be faster if it is not for real use but just sample.

I don't think it is very likely that it is the cause, but this is one way I could replicate the issue....

Kazu_0-1685716530475.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors