Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jimneal

Using IF(AND) to display three choices for a slicer

I am attempting to create a chiclet slicer for the number of computers displaying in billing (ultimately to identify users who have multiple computers). 

I can do the following at it works but both "Single" and "Multiple" have to be selected for all the computers to display.

Mult_Comp = IF(EEC_Computers[MultipleComputers] = Blank, "Single", IF(EEC_Computers[MultipleComputers] > 1, "Multiple"))

Therefore I wanted to add an All that counted all the Blank (signifying the user is only being billed for one computer) AND those having more than one computer. I have researched and found where you can use IF(AND) but cannot seem to get it to work. This is what I have

test1 = IF(AND(EEC_Computers[MultipleComputers] = Blank, EEC_Computers[MultipleComputers] > 0), "All",
IF(EEC_Computers[MultipleComputers] = Blank, "Single", IF(EEC_Computers[MultipleComputers] > 1, "Multiple")))

2 REPLIES 2
gpoggi
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi  @jimneal ,

I think I know what you are trying to accomplish with the slicer but what I don't get very clear is your condition... when a user has multiple or single computers. But in order to help you let's assume the following:

This is your condition:

if [MultipleComputers] = BLANK() or [MultipleComputers] = 1 ) then "Single" else "Multiple"

This is your EEC_Computers table:

Users.png

So, to start, create a new table with the values you need to be displayed in Chiclet Slicer:

Users_Selection.png

Then, go to you EEC_Computers table and create a custom column for field [Mult_Comp] (which was created following the above condition, if it is different you can change it accordingly).
In this case I used 1 for "Mutiple" and 0 for "Single"

Mult_Comp = IF(EEC_Computers[MultipleComputers]>1,1,0)

Now, create this measure which is going to indicate the behavior according the option selected from chiclet slicer:

ComputersSelected = 
SWITCH (True(),
VALUES('Chiclet Slicer Values'[Selection]) = "All", "Show",
VALUES('Chiclet Slicer Values'[Selection]) = "Multiple" && SUM(EEC_Computers[Mult_Comp]) = 1, "Show",
VALUES('Chiclet Slicer Values'[Selection]) = "Single" && SUM(EEC_Computers[Mult_Comp]) = 0, "Show",
ISBLANK(SELECTEDVALUE('Chiclet Slicer Values'[Selection])),"Show",
"No")

Add a table visual and add the fields you need to display (in my case [User] and [MultipleComputers].

Select this Table visual and go to Filters pane and add the following filter:

Users_TableFilter.png

Finally add the Chiclet Slicer visual and use the [Selection] field as Values:

Users_ChicletSlicer.png

And that's it. Now you will get your Table visual filtered according the option selected:

Users_Single.png

Users_Multiple.png

Users_All.png

Hope this helps, if you have any question, just let me know, if not I'll appreciate if you mark this answer as Solution :).

Regards,

Gian Carlo Poggi

JosefPrakljacic
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hey @jimneal ,

may I ask you to provide us with some sample data and the expected result.

I'm having a hard time understanding what you actually want.

BR,

Josef

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors