Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

diegomartinop
Frequent Visitor

Use Phyton script with table from DAX

Hi all

I would like to know if it is possible to execute a Python script within Power BI in a table that had some columns added by DAX instructions. I know that it is possible with the Advanced Editor but the problem is that some columns created with DAX are not available in this editor so I cannot execute the Python scripts directly from the Advanced Editor.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

In one word: No. You can use Python to create columns in Power Query and you can have visuals that use Python scripts. You can't calculate anything in Python and then put it in a table.

Thanks @Anonymous . Actually when I execute a Phyton script within the Advanced Editor the result is converted to a table. My question is about doing the same but with a table that was partially modified with DAX and because of that I cannot use this table in the Advanced Editor

Anonymous
Not applicable

You've got the answer above. Nothing more to add.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors