Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

matsto

Unable to make a parameter take another parameter as a value

I want to create a parameter A from 0-100 that i would write as generateseries(0, 100, [B value]) where B value is from another parameter B that I could use to change the interval parameter A increases by.

However I can't to find a way to make it work. Parameter A will accept a variable set to a specific number, and a variable based on a condition, but it will not accept anything that comes from another parameter, even if i set var x = [B value] and then plug in x into param B. I can see thru the viz that x clearly equals a whole number but the parameter acts like it isnt there.

Is action not allowed? Am i missing something or am i going about my method wrong?

2 REPLIES 2
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @matsto ,

A fact table won't be affected by measure value. it will work only when the table is a variable in a formula.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@matsto , Any calculated table will not take measures like this. even if takes it would initial values and that will not change based on the slicer

You can do that inside a measure in a var table

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.