Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

granade1
Frequent Visitor

Top 80% customer gross margin - and other customer totals (20%)

I am attempting to recreate an original report in powerbi. I have recreated all columns but I am having issues creating the totals rows - showing Top 80% totals and Other Customers, and Grand Total. I tried index but that does not seem to be working, also I am not seeing top N in filter options. Anyone know what is the best way to accomplish this? 

PowerBIPowerBIColumns-Original RptColumns-Original RptTotals-Original RptTotals-Original Rpt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can create a disconnected dimension, say Grouping, that will hold two values: "Top 80% Totals" and "Other Customers." Then, in the dimension, create the measures you want - [Total Sales - Grouping], [Total Cost - Grouping], [Gross Profit - Grouping] and [% of Total - Grouping].

Best
Darek

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can create a disconnected dimension, say Grouping, that will hold two values: "Top 80% Totals" and "Other Customers." Then, in the dimension, create the measures you want - [Total Sales - Grouping], [Total Cost - Grouping], [Gross Profit - Grouping] and [% of Total - Grouping].

Best
Darek

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.