Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tomascid
Frequent Visitor

Table of multiple values was supplied where a single value was expected

tomascid_0-1678736137890.png

Hi there - referencing the example data above, I'm trying to create the 'desired output' as a dashboard visual using measures (instead of PowerQuery or calculated columns).

I started with this measure:

HasSPCC = LOOKUPVALUE(Plans[PlanTypeCode],Plans[FacilityId],SELECTEDVALUE(Facilities[FacilityId]))

Translated to English, I'm Facilities [FacilityID] within Plans [FacilityID] column and returning result Plans [PlanTypeCode].

I get this error: "ERROR: A table of multiple values was supplied where a single value was expected."

I assume it's because Plans [FacilityID] is not unique (there can be several different plans for each facility - see yellow highlights). 

Based on that, I assumed that wrapping the measure in a CALCULATE function would work. I tried these two, with no luck:

HasSPCC = CALCULATE(LOOKUPVALUE(Plans[PlanTypeCode],Plans[FacilityId],SELECTEDVALUE(Facilities[FacilityId])),Plans[PlanTypeCode] = "SPCC")

HasSPCC = CALCULATE(LOOKUPVALUE(Plans[PlanTypeCode],KJDatabase_Plans[FacilityId],SELECTEDVALUE(Facilities[FacilityId])),FILTER(Plans,Plans[PlanTypeCode]="SPCC"))

Neither worked, same issue. Any ideas?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @tomascid 

create a relationship between the two tables. Use a matrix visual.. place Facilities[Facility ID] in the rows of the matrix. Place Plans[PlanTypeCode] in the columns of the matrix and place the following measure in the values of the matrix 

Count = COUNTROWS ( Plans )

View solution in original post

tomascid
Frequent Visitor

Solved! https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/LookupValue-with-Filter/td-p/993672 

Just need to use the second lookup parameters of LOOKUPVALUE:

Has SPCC = LOOKUPVALUE(Plans[PlanTypeCode],Plans[FacilityId],SELECTEDVALUE(Facilities[Id]),Plans[PlanTypeCode],"SPCC")

v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @tomascid 

You can try the following methods.

vzhangti_0-1679040065132.png

Is this the result you expect?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

3 REPLIES 3
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @tomascid 

You can try the following methods.

vzhangti_0-1679040065132.png

Is this the result you expect?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

tomascid
Frequent Visitor

Solved! https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/LookupValue-with-Filter/td-p/993672 

Just need to use the second lookup parameters of LOOKUPVALUE:

Has SPCC = LOOKUPVALUE(Plans[PlanTypeCode],Plans[FacilityId],SELECTEDVALUE(Facilities[Id]),Plans[PlanTypeCode],"SPCC")
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @tomascid 

create a relationship between the two tables. Use a matrix visual.. place Facilities[Facility ID] in the rows of the matrix. Place Plans[PlanTypeCode] in the columns of the matrix and place the following measure in the values of the matrix 

Count = COUNTROWS ( Plans )

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors