Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

TOTALYTD with Actual & forecast periods

Hello, 

I try to solve a tricky TOTALYTD-formula. I did plenty of research but did not find a suitbale solution. An easy TotalYTD-formula is no problem for me. This, for example, works fine: 

TOTALYTD(sum(tbl_base[production]);tbl_date[date];tbl_base[Version]="ACT";"31.10.2022")

Here, I do the rolling sum of all Actual (ACT) values up to 31.10.2022. The year gets selected by a slicer. 

Forecast Versions are also available. Their values start in the first forecast month and dont contain Actual values. For example the FC04 starts in May and the first 4 months are empty. In order to create a TOTALYTD for the complete Forecast I need the first 4 months taken from the ACT Version and the months 5-12 from FC04. 

I tried summing two different TOTALYTD-formulas (one for ACT, one for FC04). It did not work and Im pretty sure, this makes no sense. 

A hint would be nice. Many thanks in advance

Eric

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 
here is what Im looking for. I created this in Excel. A running total that starts with four act-months and then 3 Forecast months.

eric6678_2-1667580398886.png

A regular running total works for me (just ACT vlaues for 6 months): 

YTD =TOTALYTD(SUM('tbl_base'[Production]), 'tbl_date'[date],tbl_base[Version]="ACT","30.06.2022")
But how to add the four Forecast months?

eric6678_3-1667580621348.png

This ist what my main table looks like.

eric6678_4-1667581260397.png

And this is the model:

eric6678_5-1667581335050.png

Please find below a link to the file described above.

sample file 

Many thanks in Advance 

Eric

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is there any available sample data or pbix files without private data available for me to test?

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I would have to prepare that. I do that at the end of the working day. 

Regards

Eric

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.