Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sri_phani
Helper I
Helper I

Sort data in columns in matrix

Hi, 

I have a report which has Category-wise Total Surveys received. Users have the requirement that they should be able to sort each week to see which category has the highest every week. 

Sri_phani_0-1713790379024.png

Data has categories and the day wise surveys received. 

Total Surveys = SUM('categories'[Sum of Total CX surveys])

Please help me with this.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huijiey-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sri_phani ,

Thanks for the reply from lbendlin .

In Power BI, you can create a new table that groups data by the "Start of Week" column.

Weekly Summary = SUMMARIZE('Table', 'Table'[Start of week], "Total Submissions", SUM('Table'[Surveys]))

Create a model relationship:

vhuijieymsft_0-1713845879613.png

Set "Submission reason at solve" of Table table to Row, "Start of week" of new table to Column, "Total Submissions" of new table to value.

The final page visualization is shown below:

vhuijieymsft_1-1713845879617.png

The pbix file is attached.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-huijiey-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sri_phani ,

Thanks for the reply from lbendlin .

In Power BI, you can create a new table that groups data by the "Start of Week" column.

Weekly Summary = SUMMARIZE('Table', 'Table'[Start of week], "Total Submissions", SUM('Table'[Surveys]))

Create a model relationship:

vhuijieymsft_0-1713845879613.png

Set "Submission reason at solve" of Table table to Row, "Start of week" of new table to Column, "Total Submissions" of new table to value.

The final page visualization is shown below:

vhuijieymsft_1-1713845879617.png

The pbix file is attached.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

Sri_phani
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @lbendlin 

I just referred Submission reason at solve as Category and data have 5 columns, Submission reason and the day wise surveys received. 

Example:

Submission reason at solveSurveysDateStart of weekQueue
A1001-01-202412-30-2023Customer Care
B2001-10-202401-06-2024Support
C3001-20-202401-13-2024Customer Care
D4001-22-202401-20-2024Support
E5002-01-202401-27-2024Customer Care

I am trying to use Matrix with Rows : Submission reason and Columns: Start of week and values: sum of Surveys. User wanted to sort the individual weeks to see the surveys trend based on submission reasons the sample visual is what I attached as a screenshot. 

Sri_phani_0-1713820487998.png

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

your screenshot doesn't mention category.

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).

Do not include sensitive information or anything not related to the issue or question.

If you are unsure how to upload data please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

Want faster answers? https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.