Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

miguel_tc_27
Regular Visitor

Sales Growth

Hello,

I have a problem related to sales growth calculations. I want to calculate the sales growth and I have ['Competition'][Costco ($)] with the revenues and ['Competition'][Year] with only the year (2014 for example). I need a metric providing me with the growth in percentage of these revenues (for instance (revenues in 2015-revenues in 2014)/revenues in 2014).

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
devanshi
Helper V
Helper V

salesgrowth =

VAR pervoiusyears=CALCULATE(SUM(['Competition'][Costco ($)] ),SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR(['Competition'][Year]))

RETURN

DIVIDE((['Competition'][Costco ($)] )-perviousyear,perviousyear)

But the thing is Year is not of date type, it is an integer such as 2014. Thus SAMPERIODLASTYEAR does not work correctly.

try this formula:

salesgrowth =

VAR pervoiusyears=CALCULATE(SUM(['Competition'][Costco ($)] ),DATESYTD(['Competition'][Year]))

RETURN

Has the same problem as before.

salesgrowth =

VAR pervoiusyears=CALCULATE(SUM(['Competition'][Costco ($)] ),['Competition'][Year]=(EARLIER(['Competition'][Year])-1))

RETURN

The function EARLIER is not accepting that. It says the parameter is not correct

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors