Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ZZZZZZZ37
Frequent Visitor

SELECT VALID DATE USING POWER BI DAX

Hi Power BI Community, 

Disclaimer: New to Power BI and learning is still in progress.

My Team and I are working on some date to filter the schedule of employees. We are checking the log out date of the employees. But we are getting multiple dates so what we did is we tried to filter it using time difference between attendance and the scheduled date. Please see below sample.

ZZZZZZZ37_0-1669472168115.png

We are getting some problems on the out_is_valid column. It should only return "1" on the same schedule date as the in_is_valid column which are highlighted in green. But we are getting another "1" value which is in blue highlight. How can we only select the IN and OUT date with the same sched start and end? Below is our code.

ZZZZZZZ37_1-1669472291416.png

Thanks for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ZZZZZZZ37 , Based on what I got

new column =

var _max = maxx(filter(Table, [User] = earlier([User]) && [Schedule Date] = earlier([Schedule Date]) && && [Schedule Start Time] = earlier([Schedule Start Time])  && && [Schedule End Time] = earlier([Schedule End Time]) && [Case] = "Out") ,  [attendance out])

var _count= maxx(filter(Table, [User] = earlier([User]) && [Schedule Date] = earlier([Schedule Date]) && && [Schedule Start Time] = earlier([Schedule Start Time])  && && [Schedule End Time] = earlier([Schedule End Time]) && [Case] = "in") ,  [attendance out])

return

if(not(isblank(_cnt) )  && _max = [attendance out], 1, 0 )

Power BI DAX- Earlier, I should have known Earlier: https://youtu.be/CVW6YwvHHi8

If this does not help
Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Hi @amitchandak , 

Thanks for your reply. I tried the code that you sent but I didn't quite get it. Please see attached pbix. You may refer on the trial_out column.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bUfmHrrm957mEdh4-utKOrFqfIdlPQ2Y/view?usp=sharing

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors