Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ironboy0423
Helper I
Helper I

Return the value for the next succeeding week

Hi guys, I am trying to create a dax measure that will return the value of hours for the succeeding week. I already have the correct dax for Week 1, however I am failing to get the correct value for week 2. Here's what I have so far:

Week2DurationHours =
VAR SelectedWeekStart = SELECTEDVALUE('01_Date'[Start of Week])
VAR Week2StartDate = CALCULATE(MIN('01_Date'[CalendarDate]), '01_Date'[Start of Week] = SelectedWeekStart) + 7
VAR Week2EndDate = Week2StartDate + 6
RETURN
    CALCULATE(
        SUM('TimeEntry'[DurationHours]),
        'TimeEntry'[EntryDate] >= Week2StartDate && 'TimeEntry'[EntryDate] <= Week2EndDate
    )
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Glad it worked sorry again for not reading well if you can please accept this post as solultion to help other people know its been solved

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ironboy0423
Helper I
Helper I

I'm not sure wich dates covers the returned values, but it is definitely inaccurate so far, may I know your suggestion to this?

eliasayyy
Super User
Super User

hello if you haev  salicer, then you need to add the remove filter on the week 2 

instead of those you can create a week ID in your calendar table 

Week ID = 
VAR _min = YEAR(MIN(Calendar[Date]))
RETURN
//Choose WEEKNUM(Calendar[Date],2) for week start on monday or WEEKNUM(Calendar[Date],1) for week start on Sunday//
WEEKNUM(Calendar[Date],2) + (YEAR(Calendar[Date]) - _min) *53

now insert your filter slicer on the table ltes say you chose the start of week or week nb 

use the measure

Week2DurationHours =
CALCULTAE(SUM('TimeEntry'[DurationHours]),Remove Filters(Date[your slicer]),Date[Week ID] = MAX(Date[Week ID]) - 1)

Hello, thanks for this. I think we are close - it only returns incorrect values. Here's the dax so far:

Week ID =
VAR _min = YEAR(MIN('01_Date'[CalendarDate]))
RETURN
WEEKNUM('01_Date'[CalendarDate],2) + (YEAR('01_Date'[CalendarDate]) - _min) *53

Week2DurationHours = CALCULATE(SUM('TimeEntry'[DurationHours]),REMOVEFILTERS('01_Date'[Start of Week]), '01_Date'[Week ID] = MAX('01_Date'[Week ID]) - 1)

Ok did you make week id as a calculated column in your calendar , or measure? It needs to be a calculated column

And can you please show me more results as what you are getting ? Are there any other date filters?  And i just reaf it again you want the next week not previous week? Then instead of -1 

Week2DurationHours = CALCULATE(SUM('TimeEntry'[DurationHours]),REMOVEFILTERS('01_Date'[Start of Week]), '01_Date'[Week ID] = MAX('01_Date'[Week ID]) + 1)

Thanks again. I update the dax to +1 and it works! thank you so much

Glad it worked sorry again for not reading well if you can please accept this post as solultion to help other people know its been solved

Hello, sorry for the delay. I notice that our dax for week2duration returns all the sum of a row if there's no succeeding week ahead on a table. How can we fix it please? resharing the dax: 

ReckonWeek2DurationHours = CALCULATE(SUM('Table1'[Duration]), REMOVEFILTERS('01_Date'[Start of Week]), '01_Date'[Week ID] = MAX('01_Date'[Week ID]) + 1)

Hello, thanks for your reply. Here's my response:

Ok did you make week id as a calculated column in your calendar , or measure? It needs to be a calculated column - Yup created a calculated in 'Date' table and measure in TimeEntry table. 

And can you please show me more results as what you are getting? - Its just random hours, not sure how to check as they filtered using a slicer. Are there any other date filters? None And i just reaf it again you want the next week not previous week? Then instead of -1  - Yup, next week please

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors