Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

TSGD2123
Helper I
Helper I

Relate a table with two other in the model

Hello! Here is a simplified data model of my case:

TSGD2123_0-1678960649714.png

Basically I hace 2 fact tables, one with services, the other with task from the services. Both have their own structure so i need each service and task associated with their structure, so I can have a 2 diferent StrDesc filters, one for Tasks and one for Services. Is there a way to do it with dax so I can avoid duplicate Structure Table?

Thanks a lot in advance

4 REPLIES 4
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @TSGD2123 
Please clarify further perhaps with some examples.

Hello @tamerj1 

This is a sample:

TSGD2123_0-1678983564546.png

Services and Tasks should be independently connected to Structure table so that when I filter by StrDesc, for instance Structure 1, I see Services SER_ and SER_J, and Task A.

What I'm looking is something like USERELATIONSHIP but applied to a field rather than a measure.

Thanks!

@TSGD2123 

It depends on what exactly are you planning to achieve. The sample that you have provided most probably doesn't reflect the reality. I can guess that for each StrDesc there are multiple SERVID related to it. And each SERVID relates to multiple TASKID

Each TASKID belongs to only one SERVID, each SERVID has one or more TASKID. Both each SERVID and TASKID has only one structure (STRID). 

I'm just looking for a way to avoid duplicating the STRUCTURES table and make it cleaner, more efficient.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors