Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kmes912
Helper I
Helper I

Performance issue with one specific measure

I have a matrix that has 9 column across, 3 levels to drill down + signs.

When loading all visuals on the page without this "filter" it loads fine, Dax Query renders in 87 ms in the matrix for performance analyzer.

When loading all visuals on the page with this "filter" it loads very long, Dax Query renders in 30,239 ms in the matrix for performance analyzer. 

This is the only change that has been made with both when running Performance Analyzer. It also behaves similarly if I remove the 9 columns across and only go to 1 column.

The filter in question is a simple adding three of the columns together and is set to "is not 0" for the visual filter in order to remove duplication in the + sign rows (there are 0's across that I am trying to eliminate). 

I don't know what the next steps are for analyzing, I know this filter is the reason but cannot understand why this one filter would cause such performance issues as it is not anything special or unusual (and all three of the fields in it are already in the matrix). 

1 REPLY 1
johnt75
Super User
Super User

Post both versions of the query, with and without the filter, and the definition of the measures

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.