Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mika92

Ordered quantity in Header

Hi

I have a small question ..

I have in an order header the quantity : "example 1000" BUT we receive this order on several delivery lines: "example 4 lines"

In my fact table which is at the level of the delivery line, how do I manage the quantity ordered?

Do I keep in my fact table in quantity ordered: 1000 on the 4 lines and in the PBIX I make an average indicator of the quantity ordered?

Or do I create in the pbix in dax an indicator that only displays the quantity ordered (1000) for the first line of the order? (like that if I look at several different commands I'm right too?)

Or does it put in the fact table 250 in quantity ordered on each line so that I can make a sum in the PBIX ?

I don't know what is the best practice for this case...

Thank you in advance for your help

2 REPLIES 2
TaylorPBI21
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Mika92 ,

Are the rows duplicating or do they have have different values e.g same ID same quantity but different delivery dates? 😎

Hi @TaylorPBI21 

It's not duplicate rows, it's the same order  with 4 delivery dates (and 4 delived quantity) 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.