Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Newbie - Think I have no understanidng of table relationships.

Hi all,
I am trying to so something which I think is very basic. I have four tables. Three have data that I need to work out percentage utilization for each type of service and one table that I am using as a lookup table to get a count from. I created a measure for each table that works the math to return the percentage, when I run them induvidually they seem to work. When I try to create a dashboard and have all in the same project, they seem to fail, I lose the ability to even make a visulation work. I think this may be down to my very little (mis) understranding of table relationships. I have tried to point the three tables that contain data to the lookup table. I attach a link to a test pbix project I created just now to show my project hoping it give a better understanding.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gkywr14r40v2cd6/CampusStatsTest.pbix?dl=0 

Any explaintions you can give to point me in the right direction would be great.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous thanks for your reply. I am not sure this will work as I also need to query the Monthly Global table to get a total count of people. Also, when I try to create table relationships as your diagram it will only let me create many to many.

Any ideas?

Tks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

you can try to build a so called bridge-table. Your relationships are based on a many-to-many relationship, which is not to consider.

I'm not exactly sure how you want to connect them, but you can try it with the City name. Simply build a table like this and connect all the tables to it. You will then have a 1:n relationship between them.

City-Table.PNG       BridgeTable.PNG

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors