Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AnthonyJoseph
Resolver III
Resolver III

Need help please urgent : Sum/Display the value only based on condition

Hi Community,

I am struggling to find a solution for this for many days, and wanted to seek help in resolving this.

I have a table that has list of entities and their description and the values for the corresponding year. The request is to find the the entities that have common description across the years (years are selected from slicer). Below is the sample table:

AnthonyJoseph_0-1678433788605.png

when the years are selected from slicer (for example: 2020 and 2021) I should be seeing graph like the below table:

AnthonyJoseph_1-1678433862037.png

When the years 2021 and 2022 are selected then I should see the below as a table/graph:

AnthonyJoseph_2-1678433921192.png

When years (2020, 2021 and 2022) are selectd then the below  should apppear as table /graph.

AnthonyJoseph_3-1678433965678.png

Also, the year slicer can have any number of years and expectation is to display the entities that have description for all the selected years in bar chart.

Also, if there are more than 3 description items that are matching all the selected years then we should display only top 3 values for that entities that have description for all the selected years.

Please can anyone help me here...

Thanks,

AnthonyJoseph

4 REPLIES 4
FreemanZ
Super User
Super User

hi @AnthonyJoseph 

try like:

1). Plot a slicer with a calculated table with such code:
Slicer={2020, 2021, 2022}
2). Create a matrix visual as you like, 
3). Feed the filter pane with a measure like below and choose TRUE:
measure =
MAX(TableName[Year]) IN VALUES(Slicer[Value])

Hi @FreemanZ 

THanks, but it is not showing the expected values. The output table is showing True if any one of the value is in the slicers but in our case, it should be true only when all the years selected or in the entity/description.

AnthonyJoseph_0-1678437359024.png

Please can you help me in this.

andhiii079845
Super User
Super User

Did I understand you right, you select a year / some years and want to know only the entities which a represent in every year? Did are other tables involved ? Dimension table for the entities ? 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Yes your understanding is right.... I need to display the entites which matches all the years that are all selected ( not any one of the selected years).... Appreciate your help on this

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors