Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dcardin

Moving from Tableau to PowerBI - Beginner!

Hi everyone.

I have been using Tableau with their relationships and expressions for a while now and I am having a hard time adapting to DAX, not for a lack of trying.

My model is composed of 2 tables:

Quotes: QuoteID, LineID, Quantity, Price

Options: LineID, name, value

Quotes is linked to options on the LineID, one to many

What I would like to do is calculate the total price of quotes, for different selections of options.

I have started with a calculated column  [Quantity] * [Price], but when it's aggregated in any way, the numbers are completely off.

I have tried with CALCULATE trying to fix it at the LineID but to no avail.

what is the proper DAX expression that will allow me to get the total price while functioning in a Matrix with multiple filters/dimension?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dcardin

Hello @TheoC 

My problem was not related to my DAX formulas, but simply to the model, the filtering must be bi-directionnal, and it was set as one direction only. 

Thanks for trying to help, it's appreciated.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dcardin

Hello @TheoC 

My problem was not related to my DAX formulas, but simply to the model, the filtering must be bi-directionnal, and it was set as one direction only. 

Thanks for trying to help, it's appreciated.

@dcardin good to hear it is sorted! All the best.

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @dcardin 

Are you able to provide some sample data or some screenshots?   Ideally, it would be good to get a view of what you are getting as an output versus what you are expecting / wanting the output to be.

Thanks heaps.

Theo

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors