Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

anmuthu
Frequent Visitor

Measures showing blank where it expects data.

I have a table measure which I'm using in a Table Visualization. The Below DAX script shows it gets data from a Measure called TotalSales. When I put the TotalSales in a Card, it displays the correct value. But when I put them in a table, it gives me a blank value. This is just a sample. My intention is to union the selectColumns with diverse data and display it in a single table. 

Thanks.

PaxMetricsTable = 

VAR TotalSales = CALCULATE([TotalSales])

VAR DataTempTable =
	DATATABLE(
	"Category",STRING,"Actuals",INTEGER,
	{{"none",0}}
	)
	VAR TempTable =

SELECTCOLUMNS(
			DataTempTable,
			"Category", "Total Sales",
			"Actuals",TotalSales
		)

RETURN
    TempTable

anmuthu_0-1719582740524.png

7 REPLIES 7
anmuthu
Frequent Visitor

Hi @lbendlin , THanks for the quick repsonse. I tried this method before ,but can't get what I needed. Please have a look at the below screenshot. 

anmuthu_1-1719803126605.png

I need 10 rows with 2 columns which Actuals and Budget. If I add all the values in the Matrix table, it would create long list of columns rather than the format that I require. Alternatively if I create a DAX table to create the Rows and Column that I require, I would loose the data as it is relying on the Slicers SelectedValue which doesn't get passed on to the DAX Table.

You didn't do the second step.  Show values on rows.

anmuthu
Frequent Visitor

Is there an alternative solution to make this work. I have 20 different measures that I need to display in a table visualization. Each measure has different calculations. All the measures should be based on the Slicer selections like Date, Bussiness Unit & LocationCode. 

Add the measures to a Matrix visual's values, then select "show values on rows"

anmuthu
Frequent Visitor

Hi @lbendlin , Sorry I meant a calculated DAX Table. 

You cannot (meaningfully) create a calculated column or calculated table from a measure as the calculated item is not supposed to be impacted by the filter context.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I have a table measure

There is no such thing*. Measures can only return scalar values.

* unless your table is a single row single column table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.