Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

FlyingDodo
Regular Visitor

Measure to return actual value instead of first / last etc.

I do have a matrix table which follow the structure indicated in the table below. My problem is that the RAG and the Due Date is de-coupled between

• deliverables and  L2
  • L2 and  L1
  • L1 and  Location

Meaning I dont want to have the e.g. first or last RAG from the below level.

I assume with a measure I can source the individual values but I'm stuck to retrieve them. Any help is much appreciated.

RAGDue Date
India (location)  
L1 milestone (1)  
L2 milestone (1)  
Deliverable (1)  
Deliverable (2)  
Deliverable (...)  
L2 milestone (2)  
L2 milestone (...)  
L1 milestone (2)  
5 REPLIES 5
FlyingDodo
Regular Visitor

Source data is an extract of GitLab epics which based on the naming convention and parent path I can split into the 4 different levels. It is one large table. Due dates of each item is in the same column but due dates of e.g. deliverables are de-coupled from the above milestone(s). In a tabular from it is straight forward to get the due dates and RAG but there I cannot create the parent-child structure (Location-L1-L2-Deliverables). Any idea how to proceed in my case?

FlyingDodo
Regular Visitor

Due dates and RAG of any Level (locations, Level 1, Level 2 and Deliverables) are all in the same column. It's one huge extract of a GitLab inventory. But values are unique to to the item itself. In a tabular Form it would be easy but there I dont known on how to create the hierarchical structure. Any idea how to proceed?

@Quentin e.g. Dach Milestone has it's own due date but it is independent of the below level

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).

Do not include sensitive information or anything not related to the issue or question.

If you are unsure how to upload data please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

Want faster answers? https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

QuentinBl
Helper I
Helper I

I'm not sure about the problem. Can you explain a little more ?

If you want to get all Due Date for L1 Milestone (1) for example, you can try to "don't summarize" the column due date. 
Link to how to do it 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I assume with a measure I can source the individual values

No, you can not.  Best you can do is SELECTEDVALUE but only if there's exactly one value to return.  Measures cannot return "values", only "one value"  (a scalar).

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors