Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

awolf88
Helper II
Helper II

MTD Budget Measure Displays wrong

Dear community,

I'm having an issue displaying an accurate MTD Budget value within a card.  

Basically I've broken down a monthly Budget into "m Daily Budget Allocation" as displayed. It corresponds with the amount of days in the month as it should. See code and functioning graphic below. 

Grafik 3.png

Then I've created an accumulating measure next to it, "m MTD Umsatz SOLL", which sums up all days prior within the month as it should. 

I now am trying to create a Card (as shown in picture),  displaying the accumulated MTD Budget value (labelled as "m MTD Umsatz SOLL" in far right matrix below) as of TODAY (for reference: it was November 17th when I took the screenshot). So the value it should display is EUR 3.565.737 ; instead it displays the total Budget Value for the following month (where budget value is EUR 3.562.822. 

Does anyone have an idea of how to edit my current measure / create a new one to calculate only today's value?

Here's my simple DAX so far:

Grafik 4.png

I'm trying to achieve this without adding a filter onto the visual (displayed in 2nd picture where it shows as value intended) as I would like to use the according value for further calculations, i.e. % Variance etc.  I presume I need a separate Measure to calculate it but can't figure it out for the life of me. 

Appreciate any input I can get!

Thanks in advance!

Grafik 1.pngGrafik 2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @awolf88 

Please try this Measure.

UmsatzToToday = CALCULATE([m MTD Umsatz SOLL],FILTER('Calendar','Calendar'[Date]=TODAY()))

If it doesn’t work, could you please tell me how you create [m Umsatz SOLL] measure and the relationship between Calendar table and Budget 2021 table? Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If you still have problems on it or I misunderstand your needs, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @awolf88 

Please try this Measure.

UmsatzToToday = CALCULATE([m MTD Umsatz SOLL],FILTER('Calendar','Calendar'[Date]=TODAY()))

If it doesn’t work, could you please tell me how you create [m Umsatz SOLL] measure and the relationship between Calendar table and Budget 2021 table? Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If you still have problems on it or I misunderstand your needs, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

Wow! That filter-measure totally did the trick for everything that i needed!

Thank you all so very much for your help!

Best regards

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@awolf88 , Just check are you trying the same stuff I dicussed here

Distributing/Allocating the Monthly Target(Convert to Daily Target): Measure ( Daily/MTD): https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Power-BI-Distributing-Allocating-the-Monthly-Target-...

Hi @amitchandak and thanks for your rapid response. 

I've looked at your solution which seems plausible. Unfortunately my budget numbers are broken down into item categories as well. Therefore I have several same dates in budget and calendar. 

I've found a link and set my model up with a TREATAS function, exactly as in the guide below. 

Budget Allocation: Monthly Forecasts Across Daily Results In Power BI | Enterprise DNA 

I get the according numbers in my table at the very end. I just need to figure out how to place this into a separate Dax Measure that displays the relative date of today in form of a Card if that makes sense. Something along the lines of my depicted:

MTD Budget = "m MTD Umsatz SOLL", date(today)

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors