Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

r_fioretti
Helper I
Helper I

KEEP TOTAL NO DATA RELATED

Hello,

Anyone could help me?

I have a measure that brings me values based on another column of the same table (A).

When I add a field from another table (B) it shows only the values that has data of this another table (B).

How do I keep the values of table (A) even if they do not have any relation with data of table (B)?

Following the screens with the DAX code and tables with its totals. The totals should be the same in 1 and 2.

I’ve already tried to apply in the DAX code ALL(), REMOVEFILTERS(), RELATED(), but didn’t work.

Regards,

DAX CodeDAX CodeTables with  same measure but different resultsTables with same measure but different results

3 REPLIES 3
dedelman_clng
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @r_fioretti -

The issue here seems to be in the model.  The linkage between REL151 and F320CCR is through a many-to-many bridge table which can lead to unexpected results. Unfortunately I can't tell what you are trying to accomplish with the data model because of the language barrier. In general, many-to-many should be avoided except by very accomplished users of DAX.

Additionally, on the detail table you have "Due > 0" as a filter, while on the single value table you do not have such a filter. If you remove the filter on the detail table the values match, but the summary value is the one that appears to be incorrect, and this is again due to the model layout.

Please provide some additional context if you can so we can determine how to set up the model correctly.

David

dedelman_clng
Community Champion
Community Champion

Do you have a sample pbix that you can share (remove sensitive data)?

"Total" on a table/matrix is not a SUM of all of the rows in the table - it is the measure calculated in the "Total" context, which may have some different filters than you realize.  Odds are 1 is correct and we just need to figure out what is affecting the filter context on your "Total" row.

David

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I’m sorry for the delay but I couldn’t do it promptly.

Attached is a file with the sensitive data removed. I’ve changed some data to try to keep the report as near as possible of the original one.
The problem with persist in the totals.

PS: I can’t upload the file. Following a link to a shared version on Dropbox.

Regards.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c9znx6476ealj80/Sample.pbix?dl=0 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors