Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

alexacg
Frequent Visitor

Issues with having a right formula

I am trying to get the right subtotals and total averages in the utilisation matrix report I am creating. I am using this DAX: IFERROR(IF(ISINSCOPE('X'[Y]),[sum]/[count],[Utilisation]),BLANK())

I have different type of utilisation, and for some reason the results that it provide in both are the same and I am not sure why the "sum" formula does not provide the right infromation I need.

sum = SUMX(Table, Utilisation)
#Thank you
5 REPLIES 5
alexacg
Frequent Visitor

So I have Practice on top, then group and the resource, divided by months. But my matrix has some blanks on the resources, so I want that the subtotals for Group and Practice has the right average of utilisation ignoring the blanks.

Something like this:

alexacg_0-1685449421088.png

Is that something you have reviewed in the past?

@alexacg 

Please try

using Utilisation_Product =
AVERAGEX ( VALUES ( 'X'[Y] ), COALESCE ( [Utilisation], 0 ) )
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @alexacg 

if Utilisation is a measure tye

sum = SUMX ( VALUES ( 'X'[Y] ), [Utilisation] )

Hi Tamerj1, thank you so much for your help on this :). That definitely solved my sum formula, but it did not fix my error on the matrix to average correctly the product and subproduct categories I have ignoring the blanks, and I was using Utilisation_Product= IFERROR(IF(ISINSCOPE('X'[Y]),[sum]/[count],[Utilisation]),BLANK()), any idea about this?

@alexacg 

How does your matrix look like? What columns are placed in the matrix? What results are you expecting?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors