Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Donte
Regular Visitor

Is it possible to use a visualization/slicer, that edits a DAX formula in the Data tab?

Hello,

I want to use a slicer in the Reports tab that would allow a user to change a varible that would subsequently change a column formula created in the Data tab.

For Example, the below image shows a date slider (let's call this date variable "SlicerDate"). This would be a visualization in the reports tab that any user can interact with. I want to create an IF statement in the Data tab that states, IF(X<SlicerDate, "Earlier", IF(X>SlicerDate, "Later")). Although the actual column formula in the Data tab would not change, the "SlicerDate" within the formula would change according to the date applied to the slicer. 

The reason for this is there are many people who will view this report themselves and would like to adust the returned variables based on a specific date, but not all people will know how to change data portion of the PBIX file or online file. I want users to be able to change the variable returned in the Data tab without leaving the Reports tab.

Any assistance or suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Screenshot 2023-05-09 095004.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Donte
Regular Visitor

Sorry, I do not have a sample data set. But if you need more information. I am more than happy to provide.

eliasayyy
Super User
Super User

can you provide sample data please?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors