Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IvanKostov
Frequent Visitor

How to use columns as filters from different tables for measures

Hello! 

I have created a measures table (measures_counts_by_date) which has counts for number of occurences based on the date from another table (litigations). It works in reports when I am using columns only from the litigations table. 

However, I would like to use columns from other tables such as sightings , producers etc. for my reports. As I have seen this does not work with the measure. 

The measure is calculated in the following way: 

closed_count = CALCULATE(COUNT(litigations[id]), USERELATIONSHIP(dates[Date],litigations[closed_at]))

Should I somehow create a relationship between my measures table and the other tables in order to be able to use columns from other tables? 

I will be happy if you share the best practice in this scenario.

Many thanks! 

Screenshot 2023-03-15 092033.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
aditya0125
Resolver I
Resolver I

Use Related/RelatedTable function if there are relations, otherwise use Lookupvalue functions.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
aditya0125
Resolver I
Resolver I

Use Related/RelatedTable function if there are relations, otherwise use Lookupvalue functions.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors