Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

THENNA_41
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

How to remove Scientific Notation

In my table data looks like Scientific Notation.please find the screen shot.

THENNA_41_1-1642080751160.png

i have used below measure for the graph 

Total Month =

IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Order Table Total'[Sno])="6.Total Month Variation",CALCULATE(SUM('Master Data Base'[Value]),ALLSELECTED('Order Table Total'[Sno])),

SUM('Master Data Base'[Value]))

how to trun off scientif notation in  my report . 

i am trying to Format i am getting Error.

Looking for support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @THENNA_41 ,

If your problem still persist, you can refer the solution in the following blog to fix it by customizing the display format of the related column or measure to #.###########; 0; #.########### in the model view as shown below. 

Getting rid of scientific format for decimal numbers in Power BI

yingyinr_0-1642667239723.png

And please change the data type to Decimal, and set decimal places to special number as below screenshot. 

Remove Scientific notation in measure

yingyinr_1-1642667473361.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@THENNA_41 , check if the format you have check the Scientific , or force it to decmal

measure tools

Data format Sci.png

@amitchandak  sir have changed to Decimal but its still in Scientific .should i change to Excel also ?

@THENNA_41 , if this coming as Scientific from source, you can open and check power query, then better to change at the source. else you can try to change to decimal in power query too

@amitchandak  thank you sir your support .let me check 

Hi @THENNA_41 ,

If your problem still persist, you can refer the solution in the following blog to fix it by customizing the display format of the related column or measure to #.###########; 0; #.########### in the model view as shown below. 

Getting rid of scientific format for decimal numbers in Power BI

yingyinr_0-1642667239723.png

And please change the data type to Decimal, and set decimal places to special number as below screenshot. 

Remove Scientific notation in measure

yingyinr_1-1642667473361.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yiruan-msft  any way you use this solution and can keep the thousand seperators?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors