Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

s082_sbux

How to make filter in calculate measure dynamic

Hi,

I have a calculate measure to sum quantities of specific product code. Every 3 months new products need to be added in that list.

Is there any way make it dynamic instead of entering the product code inside IN need to update it in table.

s082_sbux_0-1713387099865.png

i don't want to use IN as i need to edit the product code between double quotes and comma where the list getting bigger make it difficult.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@s082_sbux Not unless you have some kind of flag or indicator on what to include. If you did then you could replace your manually typed table with somethig like:

SELECTCOLUMNS( FILTER( 'ilr', [Flag] = 1 ), "__Code", [Article Code] )

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

Hi @Greg_Deckler ,thanks for the quick reply, I agree with your thoughts and I'll add to them further.

Hi @s082_sbux ,

As Greg_Deckler said, you need a column of data to determine whether the current code needs to be calculated or not.

A value of 1 in the 'Flag' column means that the calculation is required, while 0 means that it is not required.

vzhouwenmsft_0-1713424769415.png

Please follow these steps:

1.Use the following DAX expression to create a table

Table = SELECTCOLUMNS(FILTER('ilr','ilr'[Flag] = 1),"Code",'ilr'[ Article Code])

2.Use the following DAX expression to create a measure

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(ilr[Qty]),'ilr'[ Article Code] IN DISTINCT('Table'[Code]))

3.Final output

vzhouwenmsft_1-1713424943841.png

If you don't have a column to determine if you want to calculate the value of the Code, it's completely random and you'll have to add the Code manually.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@s082_sbux Not unless you have some kind of flag or indicator on what to include. If you did then you could replace your manually typed table with somethig like:

SELECTCOLUMNS( FILTER( 'ilr', [Flag] = 1 ), "__Code", [Article Code] )

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Could you pelase helo me with what is flag as I'm very beginner 

Hi @Greg_Deckler ,thanks for the quick reply, I agree with your thoughts and I'll add to them further.

Hi @s082_sbux ,

As Greg_Deckler said, you need a column of data to determine whether the current code needs to be calculated or not.

A value of 1 in the 'Flag' column means that the calculation is required, while 0 means that it is not required.

vzhouwenmsft_0-1713424769415.png

Please follow these steps:

1.Use the following DAX expression to create a table

Table = SELECTCOLUMNS(FILTER('ilr','ilr'[Flag] = 1),"Code",'ilr'[ Article Code])

2.Use the following DAX expression to create a measure

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(ilr[Qty]),'ilr'[ Article Code] IN DISTINCT('Table'[Code]))

3.Final output

vzhouwenmsft_1-1713424943841.png

If you don't have a column to determine if you want to calculate the value of the Code, it's completely random and you'll have to add the Code manually.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.