Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Hnatecka
Regular Visitor

How to filter according to levels

Hi!

I have this table:

Hnatecka_0-1601470226107.png

level 0 = is sales product, level 1 = raw material for manufacturing of level 0

If i am filtering for Item no "B", i want to see not only the rows with this item no. but the line on zero level (sales product). Is it possible, please?

14 REPLIES 14
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I assume you want to do that in DAX?  Have you tried using disconnected tables yet?

@lbendlin Hi, do you think that you could help me, please?

Not sure I fully understand the ask, but here is what I did:

1. create a calculated table 

Slicer = values('Item'[Item No.])

this table is disconnected from the data model, and is used to feed the slicer.

2. Added a measure to calculate if a row should be included.

Include = if(SELECTEDVALUE('Item'[Item No.])=SELECTEDVALUE(Slicer[Item No.]) || SELECTEDVALUE('Fact of sales with raw material'[Level])=0,1,0)

This will tag the rows for the selected item plus all rows for the level 0 (and all rows where the level is missing!)

lbendlin_0-1602854835329.png

3. added a visual (or page) filter that filters by Include=1

lbendlin_1-1602854872619.png

@lbendlin 

There is always level value in the source table! This solution duplicates rows (because disconnected table is added??).

Rows with level = 0 should not always be displayed, only if for invoice no. is selected some Item no. on level =1

For example: if i choose C value, i want to show this  2 rows:

If i choose B value, this rows is necessary to show:

image.png

... and multiple selection is needer (sorry, that i don´t say it before). Is it possible, please?

For example: if i choose C value, i want to show this  2 rows:

image.png

ah, so you want it by invoice number too?

@lbendlinyes, because that's the only way I can see relevant results 🙂

"... and multiple selection is needer (sorry, that i don´t say it before)."

that makes it quite a bit more complex.  Show what you want to see when B and C are selected.

@lbendlin 

Hnatecka_0-1602870809060.png

Include = if(SELECTEDVALUE('Item'[Item No.]) in Filters(Slicer[Item No.]) || SELECTEDVALUE('Fact of sales with raw material'[Level])=0,1,0)

@lbendlin multiple choice propably OK, but still if Level=0 always the row is included (there is no filter on Invoice No. 😞

Hnatecka_0-1602873456876.png

Power BI has no idea which invoice you are interested in. You need to add that filter yourself.

@lbendlin And that is the case! I need overview throught all of the invoices.

User story:
I have cca 20 items for which i need detailed overview (consumption of raw material, invoice number and quantity of sales product which is final product of manufacturing - level = 0). For example: i see that for invoice number 123333 i used 5kg of raw material called Beta caroten and for quick check  i need to see quantity of sales product (for checking if it is possile produce this quantity from quantity of raw material).

I believe that it must be possible to used your first part

if(SELECTEDVALUE('Item'[Item No.]) in Filters(Slicer[Item No.]) 

and add second part- something like countx of selected item no. (slicer) in all table for Invoice number from concrete line... if this number is 1 or more than included = 1

Not necessarily in dax. I'm attaching a powerbi file, could you please show me what you mean?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n0kcL08uGdjxpjXroiT1Ng1Sr-QGR7bO/view?usp=sharing 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors