Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aldatinjsh
Frequent Visitor

Get data diff in table based on other records in the same table

Hallo. 

Clasic question.

I have I Incidents times - Start and End.

And I want to calculate system availability %.

I need Date diff between only those rows where are not overlapping with other records.

Exsample:

Start_TimeEnd_timeDiff in daysCounted
01.01.202304.01.2023  3yes
06.01.202307.01.2023  1no
05.05.202308.01.2023  3yes
 Totall:  6 

I need to count only thouse, where counted is yes.

But how I can understand  - how thouse dates from diferent rows are related each on other?

And I need create a measure.

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
aldatinjsh
Frequent Visitor

aldatinjsh_1-1679644854749.png

Hi. this ir my manaul calculation.

@aldatinjsh 
Please share this excel file. You can upload to any cloud service and share the link.

tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Ho @aldatinjsh 
This subject is very complex. I guess your sample data is over simplified and does not present all possibilities. For example row 2 is completely contained in row 3 but what if they overlap but not entierly? Let's say I have row 4 which is 07.05.2023 to 10.01.2023 then what should be the expected result for each of the 4 rows.

On the other hand other coluns in the table might be important, for example you have different ID's and a set of dates fro each ID
Am I overcomplicating the subject?

You are write!

This is the real exsample!\

aldatinjsh_0-1679572142741.png

In SQL world I would joint this table with callendar table and then count only thouse distinct seconds, were is mach.. Maybe something form this side?!?!?!?

@aldatinjsh 

This requires concentration so mo chance today. No promises anyway. Meanwhile it would be great if you can share a sample file of 6-7 rows and manually indicate the expected result of each row

Private massage.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors