Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Grazi

Filter by USERNAME() is not working in some visuals

Hello all!

I created a simple table  “All suppliers” and “My suppliers”. The “My Suppliers” option filters the data according to the USERNAME () of the user who is accessing the report.

The problem is that the filter is disabled for some visuals (eg cards), therefore, is not filtering all visuals.😥
Does anyone know what the problem is?

Link table with USERNAME:

Grazi_0-1639593000622.png

Table “All suppliers” “My Suppliers”:

Grazi_6-1639593330481.png

Measure:

Grazi_5-1639593308042.png

Filtering  visual (when is enabled)

Grazi_3-1639593000626.png

Filtering visual (disabled)

Grazi_7-1639593554982.png

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Grazi ,

The filter getting frozen is actually an expected behaviour,as the Card dispalys only one value which has been aggregated always, ( like a quick measure like First,Last...)

You could refer to this blog which is talking about Why you can’t filter a Card Visual with a Measure?

For your case, you could use Multi-Row Card visual instead:

Eyelyn9_0-1639969576373.png

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Grazi ,

The filter getting frozen is actually an expected behaviour,as the Card dispalys only one value which has been aggregated always, ( like a quick measure like First,Last...)

You could refer to this blog which is talking about Why you can’t filter a Card Visual with a Measure?

For your case, you could use Multi-Row Card visual instead:

Eyelyn9_0-1639969576373.png

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ValtteriN
Super User
Super User

Hi,

This has to do with how a card visual and context works. Since a card visual only contains aggregate value you can't directly apply filter measures to it. As a workaround you can first place the measure in a e.g. table and then convert this visual to a card. Example pictures:

(Measure 2 is  just a meaningless filter measure with IF and 1,0 return values)
Start:

ValtteriN_0-1639634443407.png
Card with filter -> convert table to a card:

ValtteriN_1-1639634515171.png

I hope this helps to solve your issue and if it does consider accepting this as a solution and giving the post a thumbs up!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors