Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Giorgi1989
Advocate II
Advocate II

Exporting matrix data to EXCEL (with RLS)

Hi,

I would like my end users to be able to export matrix data to EXCEL file. 

I have that option enabled, but the problem is that when I click on the 'Export data' and then choose 'Data with current layout', all of the data in its totality gets exported. I have RLS settings for this particular report (visuals, including the matrix), and I want only the filtered fields to be exported.

Is this option currently unavailable? Or am I missing something?

Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3
bcdobbs
Super User
Super User

Have you tested it with an actual end user? RLS is ignored for anyone who has direct access to the workspace above Viewer. 

See the purple notes box in

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-roles-new-workspaces#workspace-r...

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm getting this same behavior on some reports but not all. Doesn't matter on the visual type. I do not have RLS enabled.
edit: I'm retracting this.  I was looking at a chart visual which doesn't allow for exporting in this manner which makes sense. Matrix performs as expected.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Giorgi1989 , data export should take care of RLS. If not then it is an issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors