Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Raph
Helper III
Helper III

European number format

Hello 

I have this measure in a card : 

Text invoice = "Please send your invoice of " & FORMAT([Total royalties], "###,###.00") & " € to royalties@mycompany.com".
This measure displays the following format :  1,465.78 €...  but I am looking for getting the european format : 1.465,78 €

I have already the regional parameters settled on French  (global and active file).

Any idea?

Thank you!
Raphaël
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
puneetvijwani
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@Raph 
Try below workaround measure and let me know if that works

Text invoice =
VAR USFormatted = FORMAT([Total royalties], "###,###.00")
VAR Step1 = SUBSTITUTE(USFormatted, ",", "|") -- Replace ',' with a temporary character ('|')
VAR Step2 = SUBSTITUTE(Step1, ".", ",") -- Replace '.' with ','
VAR EuroFormatted = SUBSTITUTE(Step2, "|", ".") -- Replace the temporary character ('|') with '.'
RETURN
    "Please send your invoice of " & EuroFormatted & " € to royalties@mycompany.com"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good day, amigo! Have I provided the solution? If so, please let me know by adding the lovely, sweet "solution" tag to my post. And hey, if you're feeling very kind, give me a Kudos; after all, who doesn't enjoy a little digital gratitude?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
puneetvijwani
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@Raph 
Try below workaround measure and let me know if that works

Text invoice =
VAR USFormatted = FORMAT([Total royalties], "###,###.00")
VAR Step1 = SUBSTITUTE(USFormatted, ",", "|") -- Replace ',' with a temporary character ('|')
VAR Step2 = SUBSTITUTE(Step1, ".", ",") -- Replace '.' with ','
VAR EuroFormatted = SUBSTITUTE(Step2, "|", ".") -- Replace the temporary character ('|') with '.'
RETURN
    "Please send your invoice of " & EuroFormatted & " € to royalties@mycompany.com"

Good day, amigo! Have I provided the solution? If so, please let me know by adding the lovely, sweet "solution" tag to my post. And hey, if you're feeling very kind, give me a Kudos; after all, who doesn't enjoy a little digital gratitude?

Thank you very much, @puneetvijwani  !

It's smart and it works.

Raphaël

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors