Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Distinct Count of Triggers

Hi I have below table on PowerBI to demonstrate the High, medium, and low spenders..

Ralf8522_2-1650896235176.png

DAX used for columns are;

HIGH SPEND = IF(AND(OR([1M Rolling SPEND]>=50000,[1D Rolling SPEND]>=20000),[Date]>=DATE(2021,5,17)),"Flag","")
HIGH SPEND FLAG count per player = IF(AND('Database'[HIGH SPEND FLAG count per player part 1]=2,COUNTROWS(FILTER('Database',[Number]=EARLIER('Database'[Number]) && 'Database'[HIGH SPEND FLAG count per player part 1]=1))=0),1,'Database'[HIGH SPEND FLAG count per player part 1])
HIGH SPEND FLAG count per player part 1 = IF([HIGH SPEND FLAG]=BLANK(),BLANK(),COUNTROWS(FILTER('Database',[Number]=EARLIER('Database'[Number]) && [HIGH SPEND FLAG]="FLAG" && [Date]<=EARLIER('Database'[Date]))))

Ralf8522_1-1650895837866.png

i am trying to get the results as like on 3rd column HIGH SPEND FLAG Count Per Player(EXPECTED) but above 2 formulas on 1st and 2nd column don't give me results how i want. 

One of the reason is Employee 1111 was on both locations (X,Y) on 20/04/2022 and has been flagged twice and my current DAX filter doesn't filter it.

I am thinking DistinctCount formula might be the solution but but not sure about it.

Anyone available for help please?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous ;

You could add fx funtion in power query .

= Table.Group(#"Sorted Rows", {"Number"}, {{"A", each Table.AddIndexColumn(_, "Index",1,1), type table}})

then expand it.

vyalanwumsft_0-1651215336748.png

Or create  a rank column in dax.

rank = RANKX(FILTER(ALL('Database'),[Number]=EARLIER([Number])),FORMAT([Date],"yyyy-mm-dd")&[Location],,ASC)

The final output is shown below:

vyalanwumsft_1-1651217328962.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous ;

You could add fx funtion in power query .

= Table.Group(#"Sorted Rows", {"Number"}, {{"A", each Table.AddIndexColumn(_, "Index",1,1), type table}})

then expand it.

vyalanwumsft_0-1651215336748.png

Or create  a rank column in dax.

rank = RANKX(FILTER(ALL('Database'),[Number]=EARLIER([Number])),FORMAT([Date],"yyyy-mm-dd")&[Location],,ASC)

vyalanwumsft_1-1651217328962.png

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yalanwu-msft 

Sorry for the late reply,

work perfectly.

Much appreciated for your time and solution.

Thanks

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous ;

You could after sort then add index column.

vyalanwumsft_1-1651140477883.png

Then add index column and create a HIGH SPEND FLAG count per player part1 column.

Or you could create a rank column.

rank = RANKX('Table',FORMAT( [Date],"yyyy-mm-dd")&[Location],,ASC)

Then create a HIGH SPEND FLAG count per player part1 column

HIGH SPEND FLAG count per player part11 = 
IF([HIGH SPEND FLAG]=BLANK(),BLANK(),
  COUNTROWS(FILTER('Table',[Number]=EARLIER('Table'[Number]) && [HIGH SPEND FLAG]="FLAG" && [Date]<=EARLIER('Table'[Date])&&[rank]<=EARLIER([rank]))))

when there are more than one "Spenders" and they can be at 3 different location same day which will be flagged on all of them if their spend goes above £60k at the end of the Day.

I don't quite understand. Could you tell me your logic and the output you want?

Best Regards,

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous ;

You could create a index column in power query. then create column by dax.

vyalanwumsft_0-1651123303572.png

HIGH SPEND FLAG count per player part 1 = 
IF([HIGH SPEND FLAG]=BLANK(),BLANK(),
  COUNTROWS(FILTER('Database',[Number]=EARLIER('Database'[Number]) 
    && [HIGH SPEND FLAG]="FLAG" 
    && [Date]<=EARLIER('Database'[Date])&&[Index]<=EARLIER([Index]))))

vyalanwumsft_1-1651123539036.png

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yalanwu-msft 

Many thanks for your reply and the solution, appreciated. i went back and apply the formula to my original file but gave me the below;

I believe you have a solution for that too 🙂

Thanks

Ralf8522_1-1651137197665.png

The slolution you provided absolutely beautiful but seems doesn't fit the purpose when there are more than one "Spenders" and they can be at 3 different location same day which will be flagged on all of them if their spend goes above £60k at the end of the Day. My bad didn't mention more details on about it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors