Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BharathM
Helper IV
Helper IV

Display sum of values missing in the relationship

Hello everyone!

I need your help to solve a problem

In a visual I'm using locations from DLF table as columns of matrix visual 
In the DLF table we will see the all the location for every date 

we are using date filter from another table where it doesn't have location for every date
And we are summing up time in the HRIS table i want to see the all the values without missing from HRIS table
But the locations are missing in Table 1 and HRIS table

6 REPLIES 6
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

we are using date filter from another table where it doesn't have location for every date

It is recommended that you add a proper calendar table to your data model and use that for filtering instead.

Hi @lbendlin I'm sorry entire report is dependent on that table slicer and other filter also using from same table it's not possible to create new table

Please suggest me a measure 

You are painting yourself into a corner by not having a calendar table in your data model.

Hi @lbendlin 

In my report, there are many-to-many relationships between multiple tables. To establish the relationship, we created a combination of fields, including the date, and other fields  with in the 'All Data' table. Please refer to my previous post where I discussed this issue in more detail

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/DAX-Commands-and-Tips/Need-a-Measure-to-show-exact-values-...

In my report, there are many-to-many relationships between multiple tables. 

That sounds more like Qlik than Power BI.

Hi @lbendlin 

No, it is a Power BI report. In our report, approximately 80% of the tables have many-to-many relationships. The filtering of data relies heavily on a slicer connected to Table 1. My goal is to ensure that when a date is filtered in Table 1, it should match with the dates in the HRIS table only for this measure

In the above measure, I am able to obtain values for Var B. However, when using real-time data, I am encountering an issue where I am getting the overall sum of time instead of date-wise values. The desired outcome is to retrieve the values based on specific dates

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors