Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

prv_1401
Helper I
Helper I

Dax measure to get previous 7days and next 7days of selected date

Hey guys !

I am very new to PowerBI. Could you suggest me the Dax functions or the syntax with any examples to solve this issue .

I have to show a line chart visual which shows the previous 7days value and after 7days value of a selected date . So if I select a particular date the measure should filter the visual according to it and show according to the requirement .

Appreciate any help. Thank you ♥️

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PaulOlding
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @prv_1401 

This solution uses a disconnected date table called 'Date Selector' (meaning it's a date table without any relationship to another table).  The slicer should use this table.

7and7 = 
VAR _SelectedDate = SELECTEDVALUE('Date Selector'[Date])
VAR _Dates = DATESBETWEEN('Date'[Date], _SelectedDate - 7, _SelectedDate + 7)
VAR _Result =
CALCULATE(
    [Total Sales],
    KEEPFILTERS(_Dates)
    )
RETURN
    _Result

PaulOlding_0-1662410077765.png

The line chart uses the Date column from the Date table.

PaulOlding_1-1662410097109.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PaulOlding
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @prv_1401 

This solution uses a disconnected date table called 'Date Selector' (meaning it's a date table without any relationship to another table).  The slicer should use this table.

7and7 = 
VAR _SelectedDate = SELECTEDVALUE('Date Selector'[Date])
VAR _Dates = DATESBETWEEN('Date'[Date], _SelectedDate - 7, _SelectedDate + 7)
VAR _Result =
CALCULATE(
    [Total Sales],
    KEEPFILTERS(_Dates)
    )
RETURN
    _Result

PaulOlding_0-1662410077765.png

The line chart uses the Date column from the Date table.

PaulOlding_1-1662410097109.png

Hi ..Thank you for replying 
what if the sales value in the table is percentage % ??
So for instance sales % for eachdate is given. You have mentioned there in dax [total sales] Is that a measure you created? .
In case of % how should I deal with it ?
@PaulOlding 

@prv_1401 

Yes, [Total Sales] is a measure.  You can replace it with any measure and the pattern should work, so one that returns a %age will be fine.

daXtreme
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

If you're very new to Power BI, I would then kindly suggest you should learn a bit about the philosophy of PBI because what you want to do is not the easiest thing under the sun. Here's an example of what you'd need to , more or less, implement: Show last 6 months based on user single slicer selection (youtube.com)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.