Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

seanguerrero
Helper I
Helper I

DAX to Calculate Room Utilization by Hour and Day

Hi PBI Community,

I'm trying to calculate hourly % utilization with a sample of the following data points. I want to display a matrix visual that shows by day and hour, the percentage of rooms occupied (similar to the last image). I found this DAX on this site but couldn't get it to calculate correctly. I also need to ensure that the appropriate utilization is calculated for the hours inbetween "In" and "Out." For instance, if 'In' is 8am and 'Out' is 10am, I need to make sure that the DAX accounts for the 9am hour. 

Sorry -- new to DAX and looking to learn from the community.

Measure Utilization =

var _occupied =
CALCULATE(COUNT('Source'[Guest]),
FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Source'),
'Source'[In]<=MAX('Table Time'[Time])&&'Source'[Out]>=MAX('Table Time'[Time])&&'Source'[Date]=MAX('Table Calendar'[Date])))

var _utilization =

DIVIDE(_occupied,20) // for 20 rooms

return
IF(_utilization = BLANK(),0,_utilization)

seanguerrero_0-1628791000383.png

seanguerrero_1-1628791010112.png

seanguerrero_2-1628791564166.png

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@seanguerrero , change var _occupied  like this and try

var _occupied =
Sumx( addcolumns( summarize( 'Source', 'Source'[Guest], source[Date] ) , "_1", calculate(COUNT('Source'[Guest]),
FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Source'),
'Source'[In]<=MAX('Table Time'[Time])&&'Source'[Out]>=MAX('Table Time'[Time])&&'Source'[Date]=MAX('Table Calendar'[Date])))), [_1])

Thanks for the reply @amitchandak. I changed var _occupied per your recommendation. After charting Source[Date] and Table Time[Time], I'm getting zeros. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again!

seanguerrero_0-1628865295804.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors