Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jgrundah
Helper I
Helper I

DAX measure that displays CD data when multiple CSDs are selected

I would like to create a measure that shows Census Division data when no Census Subdivision data is available.  The Census Subdivision data is suppressed or rounded, so measures that sum the data will be wrong.  I am wondering if there is a way to display Census Division data from a separate roll-up table when smaller communities are selected.  Communities that are too small or clusters of communities selected would default to displaying Census Division data for this measure.  If a single community is selected with Census Subdivision data available then the data is displayed otherwise the CD data is shown.

Background: Statistics Canada has Census data that is suppressed and/or rounded at lower geographic levels.  If the lower-level data is summed in a DAX measure and compared to the published CD results, there are errors.  I am looking for a DAX measure that can switch to the published CD result when one or more locations from the CD are selected.

1 REPLY 1
JarroVGIT
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @jgrundah ,

These questions are almost impossible to answer without any sort of sample data for us to work with. Could you provide some sample data, what is causing the error and what the expected result is? Then we can help you out 🙂

Kind regards

Djerro123

-------------------------------

If this answered your question, please mark it as the Solution. This also helps others to find what they are looking for.

Keep those thumbs up coming! 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors