Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

noircrk
Frequent Visitor

DAX Compare N number of days across Months

I have a date slicer that generally is used for MTD.  For example my slicer shows March 1st - March 20th and a have a single bar on a bar graph that shows the number of widgets sold for that time period.  What I need to add is the number of widgets sold Feb. 1st - Feb 20th as a bar, Jan1st- Jan20th as a bar and so on for the 12 previous months.

I would need this to change based on the selection of the slicer, so if I change it to Mar 1st - Mar 25th the other data points would adjust for 1st-25th in their respective months.

How would I go about accomplishing this???  Any and all suggestions are welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
noircrk
Frequent Visitor

I have solved my problem using the below video by @parry2k :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG1WxkBkM48

This solution worked perfectly for my need.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@noircrk glad to hear that my youtube video helped to solve your problem. Thanks!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

noircrk
Frequent Visitor

I have solved my problem using the below video by @parry2k :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG1WxkBkM48

This solution worked perfectly for my need.

wdx223_Daniel
Super User
Super User

MTD = VAR _year=2008 VAR _month=3 VAR _day=31 RETURN CALCULATE(TOTALMTD([Sales Amount],'Date'[Date]),FILTER('Date','Date'[Month Number]<=_month&&DAY('Date'[Date])<=_day&&'Date'[Calendar Year Number]=_year))

Thank you @wdx223_Daniel !  Could you help me understand what it is this formula does?  Variables for Year, Month and Day I wouldn't think would be hardcoded with values and I don't see any mentions of getting the prior months data.

When I adapt this to my data the result is empty.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors