Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cumulative sum by day and categorieS

Hello Everyone,

I have the following data structure:

Murillmi_2-1630003736378.png

I want to create a cumulative sum that generates the incremental sum per day by account (Please refer to the yellow column at the end). I created the formula for the cumulative sum:

Cumulativeamount =
CALCULATE(
SUM(Invoicing[Sum of Amount]),
FILTER(ALLEXCEPT(Invoicing, Invoicing[Account], Invoicing[Country]),
Invoicing[Created] <= EARLIER(Invoicing[Created])))

Here's the problem:

Even tho the formula works at an account level, I need to look at the amounts at a country level as well, but It seems like it does not process the amounts correctly at a country level.

Side note: There are some accounts that exist in multiple countries so I believe that is affecting the calculation but there are just a couple of them that are in multiple countries so that is definetely not the mareason. Here's a a sample of how my formula is behaving under this scenario in PowerBI (Green are calculated correctly and orange incorrectly):

Murillmi_0-1630005099334.png

Any Ideas or thoughts to approach this problem? Thank you in advance for your help!!

2 REPLIES 2
Jos_Woolley
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

The formula works fine for me for the data you give.

I don't think you've helped matters by presenting 'incorrect' data (your second table) which isn't to be found in the first table. This makes it difficult to debug. Try reposting some undesired results for which we can see all related data.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey! Thank you for answering!

Yes, you're correct. It is showing the right numbers but only if I show it as "Don't Summarize"

Murillmi_0-1630077025964.png

I want to visualize it like this:

Murillmi_1-1630077063574.png

With the option to drill it down to country and account level but I just cant make it work!

Do you have any ideas @Jos_Woolley ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors